It’s the “Right time, we decided” and soon we were happy to see those 2 lines on HPT kit, Wonderful. I was all set for the New Chapter of Life. Later I realized it is going to be the longest journey of my life. Let me be as brief as I can in penning the details. Being a Mother is not at all easy, well it does look like the simplest role until you have your own child.
- I was ready for regular hospital visits. – It wasn’t difficult, I did enjoy my walk to the clinic/hospital to get Updates to be happy until I met the Doctor again. I was always excited for the upcoming visit.
- I was surprised to hear the heartbeat of the tiny ball of life in me. – It happens in initial weeks and first step to feeling Amazed about our own body and it’s capability.
- I wanted to see the little bundle taking shape. – It’s an enormous feeling for sure to see the formation of those tiny body parts
- I was waiting to see the ultrasound pictures of the squish inside. – I was amazed every time I gazed at those pictures and felt- Is this a dream or reality.
- I wanted to keep track of Monthly (in initial day), then Weekly Growth. – Well it was good initially but, was overwhelming along with being a bit anxious, which left me questioning myself- is everything going right? normal?
- I was eager to feel those tiny kicks from the little bundle of joy. – Initially Happy & excited for every single kick, later felt exhausted to count and keep track of number. As the baby grew bigger, It was uncomfortable when baby used to stretch or kick, the kicks were strong enough to make me feel uneasy for a few minutes.
- I was all set with some books on Pregnancy. – Read all the books twice within a couple of months. The best book, I can remember was Fit Pregnancy by Namita Jain, simple yet helpful.
- Exercise was one of the significant things of my Routine even in pregnancy, I used to practice only those Yoga postures which were allowed to do while being pregnant.
- But I wasn’t ready for the quick and long trips to the loo. (Too often)
- I wasn’t ready for the nausea along with puking after every meal. Till the day before popping out the little squish. – It was exhausting, which also made me think, how would the baby get the required nutrition.
- I wasn’t ready for the bloating in tummy. – Again, one of the negative effects of being pregnant.
- I wasn’t ready to take a break from my job. – No regrets though, what I did was for my own betterment.
- Noticeable changes in Body, changing shape, I wasn’t fitting in my own Clothes, stretch marks seemed to be appearing almost everywhere. – One of those sad things or negative effects of Pregnancy, though It isn’t a major issue.
- Unnoticeable changes in body- Hormonal imbalance creation. – We go through a roller coaster ride of emotions where, We are happy in a moment and crying or sobbing in the very next moment, then angry & screaming for no reason.
- Very Grateful to my husband & family, who had to bear with me and my emotional imbalance, mood swings.
- Food cravings or aversions. – There wasn’t any craving as such except for the matkapuri- similar to panipuri
- I wasn’t ready for the Metallic taste in the mouth. – This was again quite an irritating thing.
- I wasn’t ready for the Backache, Swollen hands and swollen feet in the last trimester. – It felt like my feet has been replaced with a pair of “Elephant Feet”
Tried to jot down some points from my experience after 7 years. Be it good or bad, all these effects and feeling fade away when you see your baby for the first time. Don’t worry if it doesn’t, some New Moms needs a little more time to form a bond with the baby. For me, it was instant- the moment I saw the baby pop out, all these vanished and I was sleepy.
If you are here before delivery or still planning for baby. This post is not to be overwhelmed but, buckle up, gear up and get ready for the roller coaster ride. 🙂 Is the right time to have a baby- to be Financially and physically ready? to some extent, but most important would be being Emotionally and Mentally ready.